Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Link love

I've never cared much for search engine optimization (SEO).  I just let this site grow in popularity organically.  But as I set up a new business, I realize how important it is.  If people can't find you on Google, then you are invisible.  You may as well not even exist.  When I posted yesterday about the new business I am starting that rents plastic reusable moving boxes in DC and Florida , I did not realize that I would have to do work to get it noticed.  If you google "Plastic moving boxes DC", this blog comes up on page 2 of Google, and my Elf Boxes site is on page 9!  *9*

So, that will not do.  If any of you are reading this and want to hook a brother up, please link to my www.elfboxes.com site.  It would help me out a lot.

And obviously, if you are in the market for moving boxes, let me know.  The site should be live and taking orders in a few days.  thanks.

2 comments:

Georgette said...

Woot! I'll link you :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you tried this but maybe see if those other businesses you've talked to when researching the business will link their sites to you, and in return you link to them.


Kindof a "We serve this area but if you're located at X, these fine folks can help you out" thing.


"Mathematics are the ABCs of the universe." -Halden A Zimmermann
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." –Emelia Earhart